layout

Monday, November 28, 2011

I'm back! 4 Quick Dinners by Kraft Day 1: Steak StirFry

Wow...has it really been almost nine months since I have last posted? Sadly it has and boy did I miss my kitchen. If you read my blog previously you would know that I was expecting a little bundle of joy and my posts became all but non-existent. My only excuse is that my feet looked like swollen sausages and standing was hardly an option.Well I am back and ready to attempt to blog again. Since you last heard from me, I have given birth to that little bundle and he is already three months old!! I have also gone back to work full time and take on a 45 minute trek to take Little E (the bundle) to his Grannys a couple times a week. With that being said my days of having hours to prepare a meal are pretty much over. I have approximately one hour to fix dinner for my husband before he leaves for work. This week is dedicated to those fast meals...I found this weeks recipes on Kraft.com. Why only 4 recipes you may ask? Well this Mama likes to take a break now and then and lets Pizza Hut do all the work every once in a while. If that laziness offends you take it up with this ferocious bear.


Day 1: Beef Stir Fry

2 cups instant brown rice, uncooked
1 lb. boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
2 tsp. minced garlic
1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen stir-fry vegetables, thawed, drained
1/4 cup KRAFT Light Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing
1/4 cup lite soy sauce

Cook rice as directed on package. Meanwhile, heat large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add meat and garlic; stir-fry 2 min. Add vegetables, dressing and soy sauce; stir-fry 3 min. or until vegetables are crisp-tender and meat is done. Spoon rice onto platter; top with meat mixture.

The Verdict: This was VERY easy to make. My family usually doesnt lean towards brown rice but my husband didnt even notice. The sauce was pretty tasty but I felt it needed a little extra salt. Overall I would probably make this again and I might even try it with chicken or shrimp next time. I give it a solid B.



No comments:

Post a Comment