layout

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Mini Fruit Pizzas

As I have stated before, the Hubby and I do not do too much on the weekends. We work pretty hard throughout the week and our weekends are all about rest and relaxation. But that doesn't mean we don't like to spend some time with friends at BBQ's! The best part about going to a barbecue or a picnic is getting to try all the good food people make. I tend to hover around the dessert table since I have a horrible sweet tooth.Yeah, I am totally that creepy person.
When J told me his workplace was having a picnic I was more than excited to take advantage of all the fresh fruit I had just bought. I am a huge fan of fruit pizza but I really wanted to make it easier to eat and sometimes the sugar cookie crust it hard to roll in a square. The solution? Mini Fruit Pizzas! They were really tasty and pretty easy to make. I don't use the typical frosting you find in most fruit pizza recipes. I use and adaptation of a really good fruit dip I have been making and eating for years. These little guys are perfect for showers and picnics. I highly recommend taking advantage of all the great fruit available right now and making these. Enjoy!

Marshmallow Frosting Topping

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme

Using an electric mixer, blend cream cheese and marshmallow creme until mixed thoroughly.  (Its that easy!!) Will frost 12 cookies.

 The delicious fruit I scored for the mini pizzas!


 Finished Product


Ready for a picnic!

Recipe adapted from Pilsbury

No comments:

Post a Comment