layout

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Sunday Brunch Casserole

I am not a breakfast for breakfast person. I like breakfast for lunch and I am all for breakfast for dinner...but the thought of actually eating breakfast for breakfast sorta makes me queasy. I will choose a slice of cold pizza over eggs and bacon anyday! Well luckily my husband is as much of a morning person as I am a breakfast person so our weekends are usually all about some brunch. It usually consists of some biscuits, gravy, sausage, and eggs. Occasionally we will throw some pancakes in the mix or even some omelets. Since we were both feeling like we were in a brunch rut, the hubby suggested that I make a breakfast casserole. I am not a casserole lady either....hmmm I suppose I am realizing a lot about my self lately. Well I found a decent recipe for a breakfast casserole and decided to have a go at it. Well 45 minuted longer than the listed cooking time, a few tears and a hungry tummy grumbles later I came out with a pretty decent casserole.


And of course no casserole is complete without a little extra extra bacon...and of course homemade sausage gravy. mmmmmm! Enjoy!

Adapted from Bob Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment