layout

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Balsamic Brown Butter Ravioli

Lately all I have been craving is pasta. Which is the opposite of what my husband is craving. All he wants is protien. He has been devouring tuna, eggs, meat. But pasta....eh. I think he could live without carbs. Me on the otherhand need some bread, pasta and pastries in my life. I could live without meat. So when I told my husband that I was making pasta for dinner with no meat sauce, I think he was already planning his next protien binge. Since I am a big browned butter fan I found a pasta recipe that incorporated it and I was really looking forward to making it (and eating it). I think that overall I would rate this recipe an eight. I found it a tad bit heavy and I think that it would be better with a mushroom or even a pumpkin ravioli rather than a cheese ravioli. Other than that this is a perfect meal for a chilly fall evening. Enjoy!

Balsamic Brown Butter Ravioli
18 to 20 ounces store-bought or homemade ravioli ( I suggest squash, pumpkin, or mushroom)
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup toasted, chopped walnuts
1/4 cup grated Parmesan

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the ravioli and cook 4 to 5 minutes, until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally. Drain ravioli and set aside.

Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan cook the butter over medium heat, stirring occasionally. When the foam subsides, and the butter begins to turn a golden brown, about 3 minutes, turn off the heat. Let cool for about 1 minute. Stir in the balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.
Transfer the ravioli to the pan saucepan with the balsamic brown butter. Sprinkle walnuts and Parmesan over the top. Serve immediately.
Source: Giada De Laurentiis



Delicious!!


You can see the specks from the browned butter. mmmm!

Listening To:
Livin' On A Prayer-Bon Jovi
Everybody Loves Somebody -Dean Martin
Check Yes Or No-George Strait
She-Green Day

No comments:

Post a Comment