layout

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Snickers Cupcakes

One of the positive things about working in a predominately female office setting is that when a holiday rolls around, so do potlucks. Or as our HR lady put in the email "potuck". That made me giggle for most of the day. Our Halloween potluck was of course a success. So much food and I enjoyed every bit of it....to the point I was pretty sure I was going into a food coma. My contribution to the potluck were some Snickers Bar Cupcakes. I figured why not incorporate Halloween candy into my contribution. It was an awesome decision because these were crazy delicious! The only thing is for some reason they took me soooooooo long to make. Bake the cupcakes, let them cool, make caramel sauce, let it cool, fill cupcakes, make caramel butter cream, pipe on frosting, garnish...and finally eat. :) I felt like I was never gonna get to the eat part. There were so many different recipes for this particular cupcake. I used the cake recipe from the fabulously talented Annie's Eats and I used the caramel sauce from Simply Recipes. I highly recommend that you try these. Your mouth will thank you...enjoy!

The cupcakes filled with the Snickers and caramel mixture

Frosted with Caramel Butter Cream

Garnished with Snickers

Drizzled with Caramel

Perfection in Cupcake Form

Oh yeah and obviously I broke my no cupcakes for a while thing. I cant help it!!! I love cupcakes.



Listening To:
Giving Up The Gun-Vampire Weekend
Kids-MGMT
Black Thumbnail-Kings of Leon
Blister In The Sun-Violent Femmes
American Girl -Tom Petty

3 comments:

  1. Um... yea... you had me at Snickers. Enough said!!! Need to go grab a rag to wipe off the drool running down my chin. Thanks. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth is watering!!!! These look amazing. I love how there are snickers and caramel inside the cupcakes too. The more the merrier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cupcakes...so yummy, with the snickers.

    Alexandria-I have an award for you to pick up at my blog. Just copy and paste the award, mention who you got it from, and pass it on to 15 bloggers of your choice. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete